Moving into 2014, Boulder is only ONE endorsement away from being declared a Fair Trade city! With the new year, we are looking for new members to form our steering committee. Gaining some fresh perspectives on spreading Fair Trade awareness in our lovely city is currently one of our top goals.
Do you want to be a part of the change?
Members of the steering committee decide which local actions are taken to promote Fair Trade knowledge and availability. This includes:
- Connecting with retailers who sell Fair Trade items
- Connecting with community organizations who support the Fair Trade movement
- Fostering media attention (social media and local news sources) around Fair Trade
- Planning Fair Trade educational and/or promotional events
- Getting the word out about Fair Trade in any way you choose!
As a part of the steering committee, you can gain volunteer experience in a variety of fields. Last year, committee member Natalie Sober even got to visit Fair Trade artisans and producers in Mexico.
CONTACT us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get involved!
Learn more about Fair Trade Campaigns USA here.
Read about the 10 Principles of Fair Trade here.
Natalie in Mexico with a Fair Trade weaver!