- About Fair Trade Towns
- About Boulder Fair Trade
- What is a Fair Trade Town?
- What is Fair Trade? (www.fairtrade.net)
Fair Trade is an alternative approach to conventional trade that is based on long-term relationships between producers and consumers. It is a better deal with improved terms of trade, which allows producers to improve their lives. This approach offers consumers a way to alleviate global poverty through everyday purchasing choices.
With Fair Trade...
- producers receive fair prices covering sustainable production
- there is investment in community development (social, economic, environmental)
- protection for workers and children
- empowering women and others traditionally disadvantaged
If you would like to learn more, take a look at these links...
- Fair Trade USA: What is Fair Trade?
- Green America: What is Fair Trade?
- Fair Trade Federation: What is Fair Trade?